Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dallas Jenkins article "Does Hollywood Love Christians Anymore?"

Filmmaker Dallas Jenkins (Midnight Clear, Hometown Legend) has a new article up at the website Big Hollywood entitled "Does Hollywood Love Christians Anymore?"

Says Dallas about the site:

If you have any interest in Hollywood, media, and pop culture from an inside perspective, and if you lean to the right, check out the new website from Andrew Breitbart, http://bighollywood.breitbart.com. Andrew ran the Drudge Report for a few years and is a writer/commentator who's guest hosted for Dennis Miller, Michael Savage, Lars Larson, etc. and is always a guest on various news and talk shows. The site is a collection of conservative Hollywood and media types writing about the business and pop culture from a conservative perspective. He invited me to write articles for the site, and my first article (Does Hollywood Love Christians Now?) was part of the site's launch. Check out the site, I think you'll enjoy it.

His piece begins thus:

After my first feature film Hometown Legend had been sold to Warner Brothers, I had some meetings with the WB marketing team in 2001. Near the end of their presentation, I said, “Now you know that this film has some faith elements in it, and my Dad (the executive producer) wrote the Left Behind books, so we could take advantage of his fan base and also promote the film to churches and youth groups.” After an awkward pause where I assume they were expecting me to explain myself, they had two questions: “What are the Left Behind books, and what are youth groups?”

Read the full article.

Read our interview with Dallas.

No comments: